.

.

Friday, September 8, 2023

overstimulated :(

So my mom has her cousin over who has 2 children with hyperactive-type ADHD. God fucking help me. It's been less than 12 hours of them being over and I've been completely mentally checked out due to overstimulation since the first hour they arrived.

Both of them try to talk to me at once with 2 separate conversations, and I literally can't keep up because of being overwhelmed by my own ADHD. I can't stand them anymore and I want to tear my hair out and scream. Thank fuck that they're going to bed because now I can finally have some quiet. 

I have been so overwhelmed with all the nonstop stimuli coming from 4 different directions that I can't even process simple questions anymore. I can't wait for them to go to the balloon races tomorrow morning and be at work all day so I can barely see them. I'm hoping I don't have to see them at all after I get back from work because I'm going to be completely burnt out from noise at that point.

I'm so surprised neither of them have bad auditory sensory issues with their ADHD because I do and tonight has been absolutely awful. Any sudden noise at this point feels like my ears are bleeding. FML.



On a different note, I'm debating on whether or not I want to switch back to Adderall if the shortage has died down because I feel like it has worked better for me than Ritalin. Ritalin doesn't work nearly as long as I need it to and I'm still having some executive functioning issues. I think my mom thinks that my Ritalin isn't working well lately either because she said that if it isn't working anymore, there's no point in me taking it, which is true. 

I'm so frustrated because I know for a fact that my PMDD plays a significant role in how well my ADHD medication works. If I have a particularly bad month with it, my meds feel like they don't even work at all and feel like I'm taking a sugar pill 2 weeks before my period starts. What a waste. 

Hopefully I'll be able to make a better decision once my Humira starts regulating in my body again and my PMS symptoms settle down. Only then will I be able to make a more clear decision about my medication effectiveness. 

I'm hoping that by the time I have my next psychiatrist appointment, that I can maybe switch back to Adderall and try that again despite me not originally liking it working TOO well. If Ritalin begins working more effectively once I start eating more nutritious foods and my PMS passes, then things will be okay as they are and maybe I'll consider asking for a booster dose for the evening. I get a feeling that my psychiatrist would just switch me back to Adderall though, which I don't mind either, but I'm worried about the ability to be able to consistently get my medication, which is why I switched to Ritalin in the first place.

Sigh..

No comments:

Post a Comment